Booking Assessments and Interviews
Mums In The Wood are now licensed to administer Cognitive Tests, Progress Assessments and Ability tests. We are one of the very few organisations (other than schools) that are licensed and accredited to provide these tests. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a place on any of these assessments below or alternatively, fill out the booking form below.
Mock Assessments and Interviews
- Mums In The Wood offer mock entrance assessments for children from 3 to 13 years of age.
- Children aged 3 – 5 years will be assessed for both potential and ability during the course of their assessments. Cognitive function, fine and gross motor skills, social and emotional maturity will also be assessed in the course of the mock assessments.
- The assessments from ages 5 – 13 years are tailored to measure potential, ability (cognitive and academic) and in year progress in school and are administered by professionals who have an in-depth knowledge of the independent school assessment process.
- All assessments can be booked either as groups or as 1:1 assessments.
- Working in collaboration with educational psychologists, head teachers and special needs professionals, Mums In The Wood are committed to seeing children in different contexts with different environmental demands.
- A comprehensive report will be given to parents highlighting strengths and areas needing improvement along with a list of recommendations, suggestions and strategies that could help target such areas.
- Parents of children aged 3 – 5 years will be prepared appropriately for interviews should they wish to take this option.
- Children aged 6+ years upwards to aged 13 years will also be offered the opportunity to prepare for their mock interviews with experienced professionals.
Progress and Ability Assessment
- The progress and ability tests ensure your child is making progress in line with their cognitive ability.
- Results of the tests will be analysed against the national cohort and standardised scores will be attributed and discussed with parents in a follow up consultation. (This is included in the assessment fee).
- The tests will help us understand not only the child’s current ability but also their raw potential which will help us advise parents on school options and form a strategy that will encourage and help the child take the right steps towards achieving their full potential.
- By uniquely integrating all of these assessments, we will not only be able to help parents gain a comprehensive understanding of their child’s strengths but will also be able to identify and support any areas of need be they a need to extend a child or support a child.
- The assessments will therefore, not only help identify children who are gifted and talented but will also help identify any special needs that a child may have.
- We will work with our in-house Educational Psychologist to help provide parents with a true understanding of their child’s intellectual functioning. Educational Psychologists are trained to use assessments to explore how a child is learning.
These assessments are only accessible to Educational Psychologists.
- Other assessment packages only use teacher-based assessments that can give some idea of potential ability, but are not direct measures of cognitive function.
- Knowing a child’s level of intellectual progress and functioning will help us advise and provide an individualised learning plan, identify schools that are a good fit and formulate a strategy on how to turn that potential into achievement.
For more information on what the assessments are, how they measure progress and what will be assessed, please click here.
- Educational Psychologist Assessments
- Additional screener assessments (dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, working memory, processing speed, handwriting speed and sensory needs).
- Intervention programmes such as Cogmed and Memory Booster.
- Workshops and training for parents and children.
- Accelerated Learning Plans – personalised plans devised by an educational psychologist to accelerate your child’s learning and to support any areas of specific need. (This is also a unique USP compared to other companies – the level of detail we can gather through the assessment is much more advanced, leading to appropriate intervention options.)